Friday, April 10, 2009

The future...

So, I just started this interior design course. It looks like its going to be VERY intense, but I am hoping to make it through with at least a 95. And hopefully some good contacts out of it. But anyways, for an assignment that I had to turn in today I had to interview an interior designer (or related professional). So I called a few places, finally got someone but spent the next three days calling back to get the designer on the phone. Well, I was able to meet with her today (thank GOD) and after our hour long interview, which was more like a chat, she basically offered me the opportunity to work with her as her assistant design. It will only start out as part time, which is perfect, and i can "get my foot in the door." Or at least get some experience, while I am in school. So that is all great. She probably wouldn't need my help for a few weeks anyways, but after all this talk and excitement, I am DREADING having to leave the kids with someone. Even if it only 2 days a week. Even if it was just one day, but all day. I don't know how I make peace with that. I love my kids more than anything, but this is an incredible opportunity for me and it would be very stupid for me to pass it up. But I will try to look on the bright side and say that it will work itself out by that time.

1 comment:

  1. I think youll adjust fine! what a cool opportunity!
    Xo
    Katy

    ReplyDelete