Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm running away!!

This is something I think every parent expects to hear at least once in their lifetime from their child. But at TWO years old. So a few days ago we were playing outside with the neighbors and I decided that it was time to go inside. When I told Dorian, he proceeded to tell me quite seriously "I am running away!!" I asked to make sure that I was not being deceived by my ears and he said, with even more intensity, "I am running away from home!" It was funny that it said it, but it made me sad. Then, he starts running down the street (in the grass, thank God). He was very intent on running away. After a lot of convincing and some bribery I finally got him to come inside. After a little while I figured out that he had seen an episode of "Little Bill" I think called All Together Now where Little Bill tries to run away from home. He's seen it so many times before I do not know why he just decided to enact it. Well, I thought that would be the end of that. NOPE! I was wrong. We come in tonight, have dinner, and then sit down to relax a few minutes before we got into our bedtime routine. He grabs a bag that I have hanging on the closet door, opens the closet door and starts filling the bag with toys. I thought nothing about it. The he walks over and kisses my leg. I though "aww. How sweet." Then he opens the front door, says "i'm leaving now" and walks out. What just happened??? I go out after him and he is at the end of the driveway with his little toy bag. Its really cute to sweet especially since all he is wearing are his swim trunks. Haha. I start questioning him and his intentions. He tells me that he was going to the store to live there for a few weeks and that the store has chicken noodle soup for him to eat. He seemed to have it all planned out. I tried to get him to come back inside, but he kept saying that he was leacving. We ended up getting pajamas on and riding around town for a little while. That must have satisfied his need to "run away" because he finally asked to go home. It was the craziest thing ever. I am still in shock. I hope I never hear those words again from him or anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment